Thursday 19 January 2012

Sunrise Inspired Eyeshadow and Makeup

Isn't nature just stunning?

I loved every colour I got to work with to create this look. Honestly I could of almost picked any colours out of the rainbow, and Im positive there is a sunrise somewhere that would include it. Just stunning!

I finally did narrow it down to a very bright sky blue, orange (of course I am orange obsessed), yellow, pink, and Burgundy. I probably could of skipped the blue and you would still get the sunrise feel, but I just thought it was the perfect colour to add to demonstrate the brightening of the sky. You know how if I were going to do a sunset I'd go with purple and navy to create a darkening effect.

Here--> sunrise vs. sunset blog post with inspiration photos.

But... enough talking about the colours I choose let's show you how it turned out!!





The Eyeshadow

I took these before the sun was even up :O So the lighting is not the best... The eyes turned out really fabulously though. I really like the end result! I wish I had some fake lashes so I could really make my eyes pop but my lashes will have to do :P Excluding yellow I started with the lightest shadow colour on the inner corner and blended outwards until I finished with the darkest colour. I did bring a little bit of the burgundy into my crease for definition, but other then that I tried to keep the colours from dominating another with just light blending in between two colours. What did I use the yellow for though? I used yellow to soften up edges and help along any tough to blend colours. I also swept some yellow along the top of my shadow and below my brows for a really warm highlighter. I decided that I still needed a little bit more definition so along the lash lines I used a medium brown pencil then I smudged it with a makeup brush softly.

                  

Checks and Lips

This make-up being based off of the sun made me feel like my face needed to feel bronzed and sun kissed, so I swept bronzer on my checks, up beside my eyes, down the bridge of my nose and along my jaw line. Even with the bronzer I felt a little pale so I added a pink cream blush just on the apples of my checks for a more alive feeling. I went with a really warm coral lip colour and were done!

*Oh ya!*

Eyebrows


Even though I sooo loved the bold very straight brows I did for yesterday's makeup I just didn't feel those brows would work with this look. I did need a little bit of structure there though. So with the lightest colour (that still looked natural) I drew in a soft shape of my brows. Keeping them soft like this still accented the eyes nicely and framed my face but didn't make me look too costumey. *thumbs up*


If my car starts today *glares at the cold weather* I will hopefully make it to the store and scoop myself some red lipstick. If this happens tomorrows make-up look will be a true vintage marilyn make-up look! Inspired by Lisa Eldridge's newest video! *A must watch if you love Marilyn's make-up! Lisa did it very true to her actual makeup not just a modern take on it!*

If the car does not start then I will have to hunt for some other plan... suggestions welcome!!! :D

Share the love comment/follow/like/share/tweet (jeeze this gets longer everytime haha!)

Thanks soo much for reading!

*waves*

4 comments:

  1. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays..
    Planet Bike Carbon Fiber Bicycle Waterbottle Cage

    ReplyDelete