Friday 20 January 2012

Long Lasting Lipstick? or Just Dehydrating?!

OH lip colour how I love you, and despise you!

I have a very beautiful natural lip colour it is bold bright and refuses to be toned down. Which is great if I want to live my live in natural make-up only... which I dont. I love colour on my eyes, on my cheeks and yes on my lips. With a highly pigmented natural lip colour that likes to play peek-a-boo under almost every colour I've tried. I've found the best way to combat this phenomena is either reapply my lip colour every 5 mins (not even exaggerating with some colours) or use those long lasting dry your lips out lip colours.

Needless to say I don't do either very often, but recently I found a review for some long lasting lip colour, and apparently they aren't as bad as they once were. So why not put that to the test in my awful dry northern climate.

Here is a list of the brands/products I will be putting to the test!

Revlon Colour stay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick

*Revlon also has two other long lasting products one being Colour Stay Overtime Lip colour (comes with the colour and a top coat gloss) and Colour Stay Soft and Smooth lip colour (lots of beautiful shimmery colours) I wanted a more matte finished why I choose what I did. I ended up going with top tomato for the colour because it was such a bright vibrant red... I just couldn't put it back after my first peek.

Super Stay 10hr Stain Gloss

*Maybelline had two other choices Super Stay 24hr colour or Super Stay 14hr Lipstick. With the lipstick I found the colours to be more fluorescent and 80's inspired, but I was choosing a lipstick from another brand so I decided to go with the gloss. The colour choose me rather than me picking it. This gorgeous barbie doll pink just started screaming my name from the end of the isle! It's the fresh fuchsia colour, and I've already planned a great makeup look around it. Like I said it was calling out to me :D

Cover Girl Outlast All-day Lipcolour
*The Outlast collection had three total products the double lip shine, the smooth all-day lip colour and the option I choose. The lip shine was very tempting because of the wonderful earthy colours it came in, but I decided I wanted a bright purple and cover girl does such a great job with their pinks. The lip shine looked very pretty as well but the colours I liked were too similar to what I choose from revlon. So I went with the hottie colour, because I am such a hottie ;) what else could I of chosen! hehe

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick
*That's it from Rimmel! Though this is the first actual lipstick not gloss or liquid that I will be trying so I kinda have high hopes for it. I also decided to go for a nude because I need a lot of moisture on my lips when I go nude so Im hoping this formula will work well for that. The nude shade I went with actually wasn't very nude but brown but I loved it soo much more than the nudes! It was paradise, literally that's the colours name :P not sure how I'll wear this one yet but am excited about forming a look for it.



So there is the list... I can't wait to start testing all these products! I have two tests they will have to survive through before I'll give you my final verdict. First I will swatch them on my hand and wear them there for a whole day. Will they last through cleaning, clothes rubbing, and constant child minding. (don't want it rubbing off on my chidlets!) After that I will wear each colour for a whole day keeping track of how many times I have to reapply moisturizing lip balm. Which colour will pass as long lasting and which one will be dubbed annoying and dehydrating??? :D 

We'll just have to wait and see!

*waves*

Check back in a week for the results!

1 comment:

  1. I like what you guys are up too. Such intelligent work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it'll improve the value of my site :)
    Columbia Sportswear Gorge Mid Omni-Tech Hiking Shoe (Little Kid/Big Kid)

    ReplyDelete