Thursday 26 January 2012

Ode to the No Makeup Makeup Look

So a couple days ago  while cooking for my sweet children I had some oil splash up and get me around the outer corner of my right eye. It didn't bug me at all the whole rest of the day, that night, or when I was putting on makeup the next morning. Then as the day went on and my eye kept watering like crazy and just seemed generally irritated with me I began to wonder what was up. So after removing my makeup I noticed a red spot around where the oil had splashed me and put 2 and 2 together.

Today just to give my eye one more day to heal I decided to do a very natural no make-up makeup look. Enjoy the look today, and stay tuned at around lunch time I should have my long lasting lipstick review (click the link to see which products I am reviewing) completed and posted by then!




This look was a good break for my face. I went for a dewy, light and bright complexion. Really rosy cheeks, a fun coral lip, and lashes lashes lashes. I was actually inspired by an old Elle cover of Emma Watson. It was really pretty, light and young.



Would you believe I only used moisturizer, and concealer on my face? (okay blusher and some contouring too ssshhh) Actually it was 2 coats of moisturizer and 1 coat of tinted moisturizer. I really wanted a dewy glow and felt my dry skin was just not gunna work that out for me. So I really lathered up and wow can I see a difference my skin is glowing! I will have to double up (or get a better moisturizer) more often!

I always feel so young when I do these kinds of soft makeup looks because I am very fresh faced and happen to be the ridiculous kind of tiny. (that's right 4'11 is all I've got haha)

That's just my personal preference though for my face, if you were to ask my husband he'd say it's his favourite way for me to do my make-up.

Products Used



  • L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes
  • Rimmel Sexy Curl Waterproof mascara
  • Aveeno positively radient moisturizer tinted and regular
  • Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush 
  • Maybelline 24hr Colour tattoo eyeshadow in too cool (highlighting)
  • No-Name Bronzer (doesn't list product name on package) 
  • Maybelline Colour Sensational High Shine Lipstick in Coral Lustre
  • Mary Kay Nourishine Lip Gloss (the colour wasn't listed on product sorry x.x) 


Enjoy this no make-up make-up look and stay turned to tomorrow!

Share the love comment/share/like

xoxoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment