Sunday 22 January 2012

How to wear Bright Lipstick


Fuchsia, purple (pastel and vibrant), orange, coral, and barbie pink...

Lips are coming in all shades right now. Problem is most of us have no idea how to wear these kind of colours on our lips. The two main ways that I saw while doing my research were a bold barbie inspired colour everywhere look and minimalist, as little makeup everywhere else as possible. (total opposites right?)

I can't do both looks for you in one day so this is going to be doing a 2 day series! Today because I have to go out in public I decided to go with the minimalist way to wear bold lips. I think the barbie inspired makeup will look fabulous but not as a family outing going to church kind of look. It is more of a night out dancing kind of look. For both looks I am going with a fuchsia because thats what I have lol.

Here is the minimalist look -->

     





Products Used

  • Under eye concealer by Almay
  • Maybelline superstay 10hr lip gloss in fresh fuchsia --> featured in my long lasting competition!
  • Various colours from a large Wal-mart brand gift palette 
  • Mascara by Rimmel Lycra lash extender --> check out my rant about non-curl holding lashes!
  • Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer with SPF 15
  • Gosh velvet eye primer
  • dream mousse blush by Maybelline in pink frosting
  • Summer eclipse brozer in moonlight
  • Maybelline dream mousse foundation

A couple tips for this look are if you can get away with it don't use mascara. My lashes are bullet straight so after curling them I did put some mascara on, if I had some clear mascara that'd be a good option as well. When Im going for a no makeup look I like to add bronzer and to carefully contour my face because that really is most of the makeup that your wearing. To make this look more dramatic though go for pale and matte skin. If your finding the lip colour to be washing you out alot, then take the tiniest bit of colour off your lips with your fingers and smudge it softly on ur checks. 

The main tip though is about the colour you choose. Pick one you love and not one that you think will suit you. This trend is not about being natural it is about unnatural lip colours. 

Have fun with it!

*waves*

Share the love comment/follow/share :D Thx

No comments:

Post a Comment